Friday, 30 May 2014

Christmas in May

Over the last day or two I've had the job of making a christmas stocking as a sample for mum's new class program that is due to come out soon...I received a few strange looks when I was sitting sewing it up in class last night as it is of course nowhere near Christmas!! However, I used Riley Blake fabrics which made it a little more fun and almost summery looking and I managed to avoid that hateful 'too-early-for-christmas' feeling.
I love how simple and easy it was to make and how quick as well...so that'll be Christmas presents for uni friends in December sorted I think haha! (If you didn't already know, I will be going to Derby University in September to study Creative Expressive therapies with Art...Grades all being well of course!)

I also did some baking this week too. I tried my hand at red velvet cheesecake brownies and although they didn't turn out very red they still tasted delicious. The recipe that I used can be found here.
They're not too cakey yet not too fudgey with a cheesecake-like topping
After I finished photographing the brownies I turned around to see this hopeful little face! None for you popsidoodles!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a lovely weekend!
-Shannon xo

4 comments:

  1. Uh oh - no buns for Poppie AND you mentioned the C word before Oct - bad, bad, bad. You may only be forgiven because those Riley Blakes are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the next stocking! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stocking in summery prints. A few years ago made my husband a valentine's day stocking which was fun, these could be given as birthday stockings too with small presents in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabrics you choose for your stocks are awesome! I'm not quite ready for Christmas yet, but you're well on your way. They'll be a great hit in class!

    Your pup! That little face melts me :)

    ReplyDelete