Friday, 16 May 2014

It's me again!

Well hello there, here I am! Again! For those of you who don’t know me my name is Shannon and during the summer of 2012 I started a blog - ‘The crafty Teen’.  Sounds cheesy right? It was all about the creations that I made with polymer clay that I also sold in my etsy shop but over time that came to an end as I just became too busy with schoolwork and other young adult drama.
Recently though I have been bitten by the sewing bug! After becoming my mum's (Just Jude's) PA a week or so ago I have been sewing lots of nice things in between revision sessions. (I am currently sitting my A-levels!) 
Here are just some photos of a few of my creations:

Laptop sleeve made with Ikea fabrics and modeled by my lovely helper Poppy

'Quilt-as-you-go' bag and matching pouch made with fabrics from my generous mum's stash
I have made mistakes in everything that I've made so far but I'm still learning and I think perfection is simply overrated anyway! I'm *'yolo-ing' it as they say! 
Thanks for taking a look at my first post, I hope you enjoyed it :)

*Yolo - You Only Live Once

-Shannon xo

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you stitching that cute wee doggie up so well! Ha! Your makes are fantastic so far. Mum needs to put a lock on her supplies cupboard, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Shannon - I take comfort in the fact that only God is perfect hence the reason for so many imperfections in my work! Your work looks wonderful. Love the colours in your quilt as you go bag. Looking forward to seeing more of your samples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sewing, I love the QAYG method. Perfectionism is over rated, otherwise I would never finish anything but be too upset by mismatched points etc. Hand made shows love and originality. x

    ReplyDelete