Tuesday, 24 June 2014

New toiletry bag

So over the past few days I have been making myself a new toiletry bag to take away with me to Majorca on Saturday. I used my mum's(JustJude's) pattern for her Miss Eddy handbag/toiletry bag and I'm quite happy with how it turned out...
I didn't set out to make it look particularly vintagey...it just seemed to happen as I chose my fabrics and decorations...
I used genuine vintage lace to add a little something special and it turned out exactly how I had pictured in my head...it's always nice when that happens!
I lined the inside with the same wipe-able fabric that I used for my beach bag and added some pockets to hold all my essentials. Can't wait to use it on holiday now!

Thanks for stopping by :)
-Shannon xo

3 comments:

  1. At this rate you are going to have the prettiest handmade travel bags around. Tried a suitcase yet? Love the vintagey vibe of your fabric and trims - are you beginning to channel your mum a little?

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all your toiletries I think you'll need a bigger Miss Eddy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah! look at all of those pockets! total winner of a pattern for a toiletry bag.

    ReplyDelete