Monday, 28 July 2014

EPP Update

Well I decided what to do with the English Paper Piecing pieces that I was working on! I made them into a round cushion and I absolutely love it!

Taaaa-daaahh!
This is my chuffed face
The reason why I'm so happy with it is because I made it up all by myself...no pattern...no pre-planned measurements (got a few eye-rolls from mum on that one)...I literally just made it up as I went along using the techniques I had learnt from testing the pattern for mum's picnic cushions.

Both the front and back panels are made up of scrappy english paper pieced diamonds and hexies with scrappy piping around the edge to add another pop of colour.

I even managed to make my own cushion filler and add a zippered opening.

It fits in with my room perfectly and brings the cushion count in my room up to 8 now haha! One can never have too many cushions..

Well thanks for stopping by :)
-Shannon xo

8 comments:

  1. Super! Great job and so beautiful! I want one like this, too! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Isn't the teenager meant to roll eyes at the parent, not the other way around?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is excellent, I may have to make a round pillow too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great job you have done here, and a girl can never have too many cushions even if you have to throw them on the floor when you go to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just so clever. Well done. What a fab cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so gorgeous - It has such a modern vibe to it!

    ReplyDelete