Friday, 8 August 2014

Bucketing down..

Well for the past few days here in oh not so sunny NI it has felt rather a lot like winter...grey clouds, cooler temperatures, lots of rain...
...I've even been wearing jumpers and trying to resist the urge to dig out my boots in hope that the weather will soon cheer up. The silver lining to this rain cloud however is that I feel much more inclined to sew...I suppose because there is no sunshine to go out and enjoy.
Over the past few days I have been pattern testing yet again for Just Jude, this time making fabric buckets..
They are so unbelievably quick and easy to make it's crazy! They are quite addictive too...you can't just make one and be done, you have to make at least 2 or 3 more (which is easy because Just Jude offers the measurements to make 3 sizes, with or without piping).
I made 3 sizes: A large one with a pocket and boxed corners, a medium sized one with piping, and a small one with piping. They can of course be made using the same fabrics as a set but I decided just to make them all different so that I wouldn't get bored.
One of these could easily be rustled up in an hour or two and filled with goodies to make a sweet little gift for someone...I'm thinking of possibly making a few for my friends as 'uni buckets'...so I'll fill them with different little things that they could use/bring to university in September!

I hope you all have a great weekend :)
-Shannon xo

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think using these in a uni room is a great idea! Will be making these on saturday, can't decide what fabrics to use, its actually starting to stress me out a bit haha :)

    ReplyDelete