Friday, 1 August 2014

Cushion count is now 9!

A few days ago I was pattern testing Just Jude's Schoolhouse cushion and consequently added another cushion to my collection haha!
I went a bit Amy Butler clashy crazy with my fabric choices but I like the quirky look it has and how it is completely different to the one my mum made.
I free motion stitched some little flowers and clouds onto the cushion just because I love free motion and I didn't feel like tackling hand embroidery which is how mum's cushion is decorated.
The back is fairly simple but I actually really love it. I used different coloured threads to add a pop of colour to the otherwise boring straight lines and by some twist of fate I managed to actually keep them lined up either side of the zipper. First time too! It was a fear of mine going into this but I conquered it ;)

Thanks for stopping by :)
-Shannon xo

2 comments:

  1. lovely design great fabrics and the embroidery you have added finishing it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to doing this workshop. One of the first fabrics I fell for was Amy Butler. Love your FMQ clouds- has given me an idea for mine. Would love to see all 9 cushions in a blog- just saying!!

    ReplyDelete