Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Family day out!

Despite the weather being quite windy and cold today we decided to meet up with some of our family in Newcastle (Northern Ireland)! Thankfully it didn't rain even though the clouds looked quite threatening at times...

Just in case you were wondering, those people in the photo below are my family...I'm not a stalker or anything! Although I did kind of feel like their paparazzi!

We all had great fun at the amusements although there were some minor injuries...dodgems are more dangerous than you may think!

One of my favourite parts of the day was when we visited a little vintage shop on the highstreet. It was like a cute treasure trove full of pretty knick-knacks, vintage clothes, toys and so much more...
They even had a huge vintage hand-pieced hexie quilt!
I can't even imagine the amount of time that must have gone into that! The hexies are so small too! A couple of months ago I probably wouldn't have batted an eyelid at it but now that I am more into sewing and have hand-pieced things myself I really do have such a deeper appreciation for things like this and can marvel at their beauty (I know that sounds cheesy but it's true)!

Overall it was a fab day out despite the fact the we were quite weather-beaten when we got home :)
-Shannon xo

2 comments:

  1. do good to see you have had quality time out with the family before you had off to uni. Looks like a great day out and your collage of photos works so well

    ReplyDelete