Tuesday, 5 August 2014

I think I'm in love...

Is it possible to fall in love with a quilt? I think I just have...I started making a Plus Quilt on Saturday as a thank you present for someone and I think it's going to be quite hard for me to part with it.
I love how fresh and vibrant the colours are and how well they all work together considering the fabrics are scrappy...

...and how the stripey binding just adds another level of quirky fun.

The back before and after quilting
For the back I used a denim chambray material with a strip of scraps that were leftover from the front. The strip may not necessarily be 100% straight but hopefully it won't be scrutinized too much when it's given over to it's new owners.

I will be sad to say goodbye to this quilt but I'm sure that it will be well loved in its new home!

Thanks for stopping by :)
-Shannon xo

4 comments:

  1. It's brilliant and yes, it is absolutely possible to fall in love with a quilt. I fall in love with lots of them, does that make me a quilt hussy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look rather good there on your bed! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a real beauty, you certainly have a good eye for colour and yes this will be greatly loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour choice, it looks great in your room. Shame you have to give it away!!!!!

    ReplyDelete